Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Matt and Theresa's New Home

DSC_0126 - Version 3


A few weeks ago I met up with Theresa and Matt to take some portraits outside their new home. I have to admit, the idea of wearing football fan stuff for a photo shoot never would have crossed my mind, but look how cute it is! The funniest thing was through out the entire session, Matt kept reminding Terri not to cover the Eagle with her hand.

Some things I learned from this shoot:
  • When a client wants to create a collage, make sure that you balance the photos with one another for a series. I chose to do different versions of the same image with different warmth/coolness. It works individually, but for a series, I think they should all match. Lesson learned!
  • Make sure to bring personality into the shoot. That is exactly what the football fan gear (jersey/tee) did! It was a great lesson!
  • There is a place for focal lengths under 55mm, like by a front door! Because of the lenses that I have, I often just make due with leaving my 55-200mm lens on my camera and back up if I need a wider angle. This isn't always the best thing to do. I need to remember to think a little more about what I am capturing and remember to use all the tools in my kit!
  • When doing walking shots, remind people to walk SLOWLY! Luckily I was able to remember this for this shoot!

I'm so happy to have been able to take these portraits! They look great and help to document and celebrate a wonderful event, Matt and Terri's new home!

DSC_0083

DSC_0129 - Version 4DSC_0131 - Version 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...