Thursday, September 1, 2011

more underwater kids



underwater 039


I obviously like taking pictures of kids. I also think that I happen to be pretty good at it. So over the last few weeks, I have been trying to figure out how to possibly turn taking children's portraits into a job. I have been doing a little bit of research on the photography end of things:

  • I asked photographers I know what they charge for a portrait session and what the client gets for that charge
  • I googled prices
  • I read articles on DPS about what people charge and what other new photographers have learned from starting up
Then I have been talking to parents, trying to feel out if there is some need that isn't being met out there. One of the things that I think really prevents people from hiring a photographer is the cost. I totally get that, and I think I have figured a way to bring that down. Another thing that was mentioned is that a lot of parents just want someone at events to take pictures so that they don't have to. I'm a little on the fence about this, but that is certainly a need that isn't being met, as far as I can tell.



So that's what I'm working on at the moment. You can also buy these prints through my smugmug.


underwater 044IMG_1360
IMG_1347

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...